Buying a tap filter for your kitchen means you can improve the quality of your drinking water by limiting chlorine content and other substances that affect the taste. Our product experts have picked out some of the most popular tap filters for your home, all costing less than £50.
You’ll be pleased to hear that you don’t need to spend loads of money to improve your water. Our pick of the best cheap tap filters covers several big-name brands including BRITA, Philips Water and Waterdrop.
In our tap filter guide, we explain which features to look out for when buying a tap filter and how to fit the unit when it arrives at your house. We can also reveal which tap filters are the most popular with customers right now over on Amazon. Keep scrolling for the details.
In this article:
- Tap filters buyer’s guide: which features are important?
- Where can you buy tap filters?
- The best tap filters for 2023
Cheap tap filters: quick guide
Don’t have time to explore our full guide? To save you some time, we’ll get straight to the buying links that you need. Use our exclusive links to shop with Amazon and eBay. Alternatively, keep scrolling as we pick out ten of our favourite options.
Tap filters buyer’s guide: which features are important?
When you’re searching for a tap filter, it’s important to make a note of the model’s filter capacity if applicable. This information should be available through the seller’s product description. For example, the Philips AWP3703 has a claimed capacity of 1,000 litres per filter with a ‘fast water flow’ of 2 litres per minute. A higher capacity means you won’t have to change out the filter that often.
Think you’ve found the perfect tap filter for your home? Make sure you check that it’ll fit with your current setup. Some water filters are incompatible with tap types such as square thread faucets, oval thread faucets and pull-out faucets.
If you’d prefer to replace your entire tap instead of simply attaching a water filter, check in with our guide on the best kitchen taps. You might also be interested in our guide on the best black kettles.
Where can you buy tap filters?
Shopping for a tap filter in-store has its perks. Of course, you can look at your options up-close and get a feel for the materials used. However, you’ll have lots more filters to choose from if you’re willing to take your search online.
Whatever retailer you go with, get into the habit of checking customer reviews for the filters you’re considering. Note the brand’s returns policy in case you don’t like the filter when it arrives.
The best tap filters for 2023
BRITA Tap Filter System
- The new on tap filter system reduces chlorine and other substances that can alter the taste of tap water, pesticides, herbicides and metals such as lead, as well as particles> 1 µm (such as microplastics) & 99, 99% of bacteria
This tap filter from BRITA reduces chlorine and other substances that affect the taste of your water. It has a small display attached to the unit that tells you the filter capacity and how many litres are left.
There are three tap models to choose from: Filtered, unfiltered with a continuous jet and a hand shower function. BRITA says this tap filter is compatible with ‘all standard taps’ and comes bundled with five adapters.
Philips Water AWP3704
- INNOVATIVE NATURAL CHARCOAL FILTRATION reduces chlorine and other substances by up to 99 percent, creating crisp and pure tasting water
Here’s another tap filter for you to consider. Made by Philips, this model reduces chlorine content in your water supply and has three selection modes: filtered water, an unfiltered jet and an unfiltered spray. You can swap out the filters with ease and a timer on the unit tells you when it needs to be replaced.
Each filter has a capacity of 1,000 litres.
Waterdrop WD-FC-01 Tap Filter
- NSF certifications: Tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor, and to NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free material. Provides you with safer and healthier water. ⭐Please Note: This system DOES NOT lower TDS value. If you want to decrease the TDS value, please choose Waterdrop RO system.⭐
The Waterdrop tap filter provides 1,211 litres of clean water, which is around three months of use. The unit has a built-in filter that’s designed to reduce lead, fluoride and other contaminants.
To attach the tap filter to your existing system, all you need to do is use the tools provided in the box. Notes that this tap filter works with standard faucets, but not with pull-out, hand-held and spray-style faucets.
Philips Water AWP3703
- INNOVATIVE NATURAL CHARCOAL FILTRATION – reduces chlorine and other substances by up to 99%, creating crisp and pure tasting water
Philips says that this tap filter will ‘reduce chlorine and other substances by up to 99%, creating crips and pure tasting water.’
It has a capacity of 1,000 litres (with a water flow of 2m per minute) and features an easily-replaceable filter. A built-in timer will let you know when you need to swap them out.
Gircss 360 Tap Filter
- 2 Position Head – by pulling the chrome plated head, the gentle aerator spray becomes a powerful jet. A fine, built-in dirt strainer captures sand and dirt particles.
A budget-priced tap filter that has two different spray modes. The makers say that this unit produces a ‘champagne effect flow’, which negates splashback in your sink.
The Gircss 360 Tap Filter can be cleaned easily – you simply remove the strainer and rinse it off under the water. This tap filter will fit all systems with M22 external thread and M24 internal thread.
JaneYi 360 Swivel Tap Filter
- Material – The filter mesh of this swivel aerator is made of ABS material and its body and the nozzle adapter is made of brass, high quality and modern.
Made from ABS material, this tap filter has a bubble aerator with a high-density filter. It’s designed to prevent splashing and has two different water modes. As the name of the product will tell you, this aerator can rotate a full 360 degrees, helping you to clean each corner of your sink.
It’s equipped with a nozzle adapter, so is compatible with M24 internal thread or M22 external thread.
Qoosea 360 Swivel Filter
- [Material]: Made of stainless steel and plastic material, which is not easy to get rusty and eco-friendly to family
This affordable model is made of stainless steel and has a 360-degree rotating design to help you clean your entire sink. It has a dual function spray head, meaning you can adjust the water between an aerated stream and a powerful spray.
The package includes the tap unit, a universal connector, a water stop washer, a universal adapter and a raw material belt.
YDmeet Kitchen Tap Aerator
- Do you want to reduce your water bill? The tap aerator adjusts water from stream to spray, and change the water pressure easily with one button so as to control the water consumption according to your demand.Compared with standard tap, the tap aerators can save 30-70% water.
You get three different spray modes with this tap filter: Pulse mode (for small diameter containers), Shower mode (for cleaning vegetables and fruits) and Shower + Pulse mode, which is a combination of the other two.
Zonon Faucet Aerators
- Quality material: the faucet aerator is made of ABS plastic, durable for long lasting use and easy to install, the fine mesh has good filtering effect, which can keep stable constant water flow, no water splashing
A large, 12-pack of tap filters made from ABS plastic. The brand promises that these filters are ‘durable and long-lasting’, featuring a fine mesh filter that helps to reduce splashing in your sink.