If your shower head is failing to provide high-pressure jets of water, then it’s time for an upgrade. We can help you improve your bathroom with a shiny new, cheap shower head that’s incredibly easy to install yourself. Explore our guide to the most popular low pressure shower heads for your home and save yourself some money.
The best shower heads for low pressure systems will increase the force of water leaving your shower. That means you can have a proper satisfying scrub rather than being forced to stand under pitiful, forceless drops of water.
In our shower heads guide, we explain how low pressure shower heads work and also reveal where to buy low pressure shower heads. Keep scrolling and you’ll see our top recommendations under £30, along with a handy how-to video on replacing your shower head for good.
In this article:
- How do low pressure shower heads work?
- Where to buy low pressure shower heads
- The best low pressure shower heads for 2023
- How to fit a new shower head
Low pressure shower heads: quick guide
We’ll get right to the point. If you’re shopping for a low pressure shower head and don’t have time to read this full guide, try our exclusive links: Amazon, eBay, Homebase, Robert Dyas and The Range.
How do low pressure shower heads work?
If you’re dealing with a shower that doesn’t offer much force, swapping your current shower head for a new one can make a massive difference.
Shower heads for low pressure systems usually have less perforations, and the perforations that are there are extremely small in size. That means the water has less space to escape, which ultimately causes the jets of water coming out of the shower head to be stronger than they were before.
Lots of shower heads for low pressure systems will have little beads inside them, as you’ll see below. Not only do these filter the water in some cases, but they also give the water less space to move, again increasing the overall pressure.
Where to buy low pressure shower heads
Shopping for a new shower head in-store is handy because you can actually look at the product up-close and make a decision. But in our experience, shopping online for shower heads is more convenient and you get a much wider range of options to choose from.
The best low pressure shower heads for 2023
Magichome Ionic Shower Head
- 【3 Position Showerhead】This powerful shower head comprises of three different modes of water fall: Rainfall, Jetting, Massage. The mode is selected with easy rocker switch. Each mode is made to enhance your shower experience,get you SPA shower experience in your bathroom.
This shower head is most of the most popular options suitable for low pressure shower systems available on Amazon. In fact, at the time we’re writing up this article, it’s blessed with a 4.5-star customer rating based on over 9,000 individual reviews – not bad at all! The Magichome Ionic Shower Head lets you cycle between three different mode modes and will help you save water at the same time.
Mineral balls that sit inside this shower head can help to remove chlorine and fluoride from your water, along with toxins and heavy metals. In theory, this should keep your skin smoother. DIY newbies needn’t fear this shower head, by the way – you can connect it without using any tools and manually tighten it. In the pack, you get a shower head, two packs of replaceable mineral beads and a spare rubber plate.
Y-home Shower Head
- 【Double Boost Pressure Design】Air Energy and Channel Boosting : Air enter the interior of the shower head and mixed with water then through a flow channel with a specially pressurized design to increase the pressure of water again to say goodbye low
The Y-home Shower Head is designed to increaser water pressure for shower systems that are failing to provide powerful water jets. According to the manufacturer, the water inside the shower head travels through a dual-flow track that is proven to increase water pressure. Clearly, it works – this shower head has a 4.5-star rating based on feedback from over 3,400 customers.
This shower head for low pressure systems is made from POM material. It’s brilliantly durable and includes nozzles made from environmentally-friendly material. There are 80 pores on this shower head that measure just 0.5mm across.
Joyoldelf Handheld Shower Head
- Turbocharged Pressure: Advance Turbocharged technology increases water speed pressure. Eliminate the fatigue of a day’s work with laser pinhole water or soft and delicate, enjoy your showering experience.
Yes, you really can buy a shower head for low pressure systems for less than £10. This budget-priced shower head from Joyoldelf uses ‘Advance Turbocharged technology’ to increase water pressure – sounds fancy, right? A whopping 300 perforations are found on this shower head, which will force water out at a higher pressure than you’re used to.
The Joyoldelf Handheld Shower Head is made from eco-friendly ABS material. A gorgeous chrome finish means the shower head will always shine bright. To install this shower head, all you need to do is connect the shower mount to your existing shower arm and then connect both ends of the hose. Simple stuff.
CUCM Shower Head
- 【Multifunction Design】:Luxury hand held Shower heads has five functions: Power Mist, Power Rain, Rain Massage, Pulsating Massage. With the rhythmic water pulse spray on the whole body, get the blood flowing and enjoy pulse massage felling.
Rotate this shower head and you can flick between four different water modes: Spray, Rain, Pulse and Pulse + Spray. It promises to provide a consistent, high-pressure jet of water that’s just what the doctor ordered after a hard day at work. The CUCM Shower Head is made from high-quality ABS and chrome materials that give it a sleek, modern look.
VEHHE Shower Head
- 【5 MODEL MASSAGE FLOW】There are 5 massage model Power Mist, Power Rain, Rain Massage, Pulsating Massage,Pause. The water saving and high pressure boosting design are suitable for adults, children and pets, for home, spa, hotel, gym and other bathing places use.
This VEHHE is insanely popular with Amazon buyers. It provides five different spray modes on a budget and saves ‘about 30% of water’ in daily showers. The shower head can easily be detached from your shower system when it needs cleaning.
How to fit a new shower head
Replacing your shower head doesn’t have to be tricky. As long as you work carefully, you should be able to upgrade your bathroom yourself in just a couple of minutes.
To install a new shower head, follow these quick steps:
- Remove your old shower head – it should screw off quite easily, but you may need to use some force.
- Wrap a cloth around the arm of your shower and then hold it in place using a pair of pliers.
- While holding the shower arm, use your other hand to remove the shower head using a wrench.
- Screw your new shower head in place and make sure it’s nice and tight.
- Turn on your water supply and check for leaks. If you do spot a leak, the new shower head probably needs tightening.
If you’re more of a visual learner, take a look at the how-to video below, arriving courtesy of the Home Depot YouTube channel. It explains in jargon-free terms how to replace a shower head.
More home buying advice guides